My wooden toolbox



I did't go crazy with the design or joinery on my toolbox. It is based on the design of Gerstner machinist tool box which I like the most. Measurements are:                                                     
I build it from fir /for the main body, sides are 2 cm thick / or 13/16˝ /. /, beech /drawer fronts 3 cm thick or 1˝3/16 / and okume plywood /drawer bottoms 0,6 cm thick or 1/4˝/.



My toolbox


 Under the top lid I store almost all my hand planes. The partitions have not been glued still because I am in progress of buying some japanese hand planes and I still have to ad some side handles.
In the lower drawers I keep my chisels, marking and measuring tool, drills, sharpening tools etc. Almost everything I need when I make something is in this box so I don't need to search for my tools all over the shop.  Below you can see some more pictures of the toolbox construction.









On the picrute above you can see that I have cut the stop dado in my drawer side which ride on the wooden guides.






Here you can see the groove and the brass plate that I made for the front lid which slides under the drawers but it can also cover or close the drawer department.
Toolbox is a must.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Stihl 070 clutch replacement

Jig's I plan to use for oak