Stihl 070 clutch replacement




Clutch replacement



Clutch on my stihl 070 broke down. The chain was running all the time even when idling which
is dangerous so I needed to replace it. The 3 springs that are holding clutch together become loose and there were some gaps between the carrier and the 3 clutch shoe kits. 

Here are all the parts with my new clutch:




I've bought the clutch from Ebay from Schaegenspezi company for Eur. 28,00. So all these parts go on crankshaft and make the chain running. The idle speed na stihl 070 is 2000 rpm and when you press throttle and rpms go over 2600 the clutch spirngs spread and press the clutch against the chain sprocket which than makes the chain running. 

Some more pictures:


You need to have in minde that this nut is left hand thread. In order to loosen it you need to stop the chankshaft somehow from moving and this is the way I do it;




I removed  the spark plug and inserted some rope in the cylinder so before the piston reaches the top position it will jam and you will be able to loose the nut easily.


It's not to complicated to replace the clutch on stihl 070 and you can easily find free online manual with pictures so you don't mess something. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Jig's I plan to use for oak